The key points of melting ductile iron with MF furnace
The MF melting furnace is a special melting equipment in the foundry industry, used to melt various scrap metals. The heating speed is fast, the quality is stable, and the adaptability is wide, which can meet the requirements of different castings for molten iron.
The key points of melting ductile iron in MF furnace:
- For ingredients, try to make the original ingredients equal to or slightly lower than the target ingredients for adjustment.
- The temperature, as long as it can meet the pouring temperature, the molten iron temperature should be reduced as much as possible to ensure the life of the refractory. Normally, the melting temperature of molten iron should not be lower than 1500 degrees.
- Feeding. When the cold furnace is opened, first increase the mass of metal material, then add the charge with low melting point, and then add other charge. It is better to leave 1/3~1/4 of the hot stove for opening.
The feeding sequence is usually: pig iron→scrap steel→recycled material→alloy.
- First, low-voltage power supply to preheat the charge, then increase the power, add charge while melting, and charge the charge before the iron is completely melted.
- Spheroidizing and spheroidizing is a process of desulfurization and deoxidation, which can reduce the amount of spheroidizing agent added and reduce production costs.